The Duke SPIRE Fellows is a deeply responsive mentoring and academic support system for high-achieving undergraduates from diverse backgrounds with an interest in pursuing a major and/or career in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) fields. Duke SPIRE--which stands for STEM Pathways for Inclusion, Readiness, and Excellence--builds on the power of academic mentoring and STEM learning communities. Such community groups take classes together, work through homework and projects together, and support each other. SPIRE also provides high-level STEM tutoring, academic skills development, and access to a network of STEM role-models/mentors. As a Duke SPIRE Fellow, you will have many opportunities to learn how to network with faculty, alumni, and industry leaders--and in turn, envision your own successful career path.
Welcome SPIRE 2018!
Ana Luiza Ruskowski Mees
SPIRE Fellows Bi-Weekly Dinner Series (Fall 2018)
- August 29: 7-8 pm, McClendon Tower Level 5
- September 13: Canceled due to hurricane
- September 27: 7-8 pm, McClendon Tower Level 5
- October 11: 7-8 pm, McClendon Tower Level 5
- October 25: 7-8 pm, McClendon Tower Level 5
- November 15 (New Fellows Welcome Dinner): 7-8 pm, McClendon Tower Level 5
- December 6 (End of Semester Dinner): 7-8 pm, Alumni Memorial Common Room